Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Motherly Woes

1.  I'm at a point where I don't know what to do about Cameron and his separation anxiety. This past Sunday, I was so fed up that I left church early. I love him but I don't want him in classes with me. The last time I decided not to give in, he cried himself to sleep in nursery. Then I felt terrible. Reassurances that I will come back,  don't help. I really don't know why he's so afraid. I can't pinpoint it to any one thing. I'm trying not to freak out but at this point I can't see him ever leaving me....Sigh.

2.  I look back at the lack of pictures and memories during the time of my PPD, and feel guilty. I know it wasn't my fault. I didn't ask to be absent from my life for so long. But, still, it bothers me. A lot.

3.  Porter will be six in a few short weeks and I'm reminded, once again, at how fast time really does go. And I need to cherish these years where my kids actually want me around.

Believe me, there are many more worries I have but I'll spare you. I guess you just do the best you can and hope and pray and cry and pray....... And pray some more.

4 comments:

  1. Camille, it's SO hard being a Mom sometimes. I agree with your comment "I guess you just do the best you can and hope and pray and cry and pray....... And pray some more." Just keep trying, don't give up :)

    Beck has been my hardest as far as separation anxiety and I've had to take him to nursery a few times and just let him cry. He's totally fine now and really likes going to nursery. I totally don't know what the right thing to do is, but I think it's okay for them to cry a bit. Maybe you could leave him a bit longer each time and work up to it and over time, he'll see that Mommy always comes back and eventually he'll learn to trust that and be okay with staying the whole time. Moms need their time -- especially to go to class without your kids. It's okay! Don't give up :)

    I know of 2 different Moms that have never let their children stay all the way through nursery and Sunbeams and whatever without the Mom running to their aid the moment the child makes a fuss -- the child is in full control. The are both in Primary now, one of them is 4 and the other one is ALMOST 8 and the Mom's still have to come and sit with them because they can't handle it. At what point do you cut them off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One big thing is that he has never had consistent teachers. He needs that. And what I don't understand is that he was going for a while. I think he made it a whole month and I thought we were in the clear. But he went right back to having meltdowns when I left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You KNOW how I feel about nursery, esp. in our ward. I thought what you did a couple of Sundays ago (while sucky for you, I get) was perfect. You didn't make it fun for him. He had to sit and be quiet. It was hard, but perfect, mama.

    He'll leave you. Sooner than you really want. Skipping nursery, if that's what he needs to feel safe and happy at church, is really ok. Be strong! I'll be there for you!

    ReplyDelete