Sunday, August 26, 2012

Michelle's Big Day

July 27th was a beautiful day for my sister's wedding!

Before I go on, I would like to give a shout out to my amazing husband.

The night before the wedding, I realized I had forgotten my temple recommend. Stupid, I know. I blame it on just having surgery. I was so mad at myself! To make a long story short, John drove back to Logan that night (we were in Rigby), got my recommend and four hours of sleep, and drove back up that morning. SUPER.MAN!  When I asked what I could do for him he said, "Just remember this when I do something stupid and you're really mad at me." :)

Back to the main event.....

The sealing was lovely and beautiful. I love the feeling of being in the holy temple with so many family members. Everything comes into focus. All that matters is family. And being there to witness the formation of a new one is completely wonderful!

Nieces and nephews were greeted first by Edward and Michelle. They were all so excited!

Porter giving Aunt Michelle a big hug.


This picture makes me laugh! Of course everyone was wanting pictures and I could never get them to look my way. The sun was quite bright. ;) 

After the temple, we went to the luncheon in Idaho Falls. They had an open house there that night and a reception in Malad the following evening. 

The reception was lovely. Again, it was great to be around family and see friends.

This is my mom's brother, David.  He rocks for many reasons. For example, he took Luke during the entire reception! Well, except for when he needed to eat. ;) I didn't even ask. He just took him and thoroughly enjoyed it. Luke absolutely loved him!

 Of course, how could he not love someone who makes goofy faces?!

My cute Grandparents

The cake/cupcake tower. Cupcakes were decorated by yours truly! 

The beautiful bride and her closed eyed sister.  

Mr. and Mrs. Ricks cutting the cake.

Congratulations, Michelle and Edward! May life bring you much happiness together!

1 comment: