Monday, November 7, 2011

Just Accepting It

Some of you know my fears and reasons why I don't want a girl. There are those who don't believe me when I say I don't want one. Well, it's true.

When I first found out I was pregnant, I just kept thinking," Crap, what if it's a girl?! I don't do well with girls. Heavenly Father, you know this right? Right. So don't give me a girl." Wow. I was telling the Lord what to do and what I could and could not handle. I know how wrong that was but at the time, I was so scared.

What I DO know is this: I have no say in the matter. I only have a 50% chance here.  And one thing I believe with all my heart is that we have the children that are meant to be in our family. I don't believe the Lord has a lineup and says,"Let's see.... you look good" or "You've been here awhile. Your turn!"  If we have a girl, it's because it's meant to be.

And so, I'm telling myself it's a girl. I don't know this for certain, but it has helped me feel more at peace. We find out on the 30th what we are having. If it's a boy, Hallelujah! If it's a girl, Hallelujah! And help!!! Like a lot.

6 comments:

  1. Although your reasons are highly justifiable, I have 5 little sisters and a daughter of my own. Girls are SO MUCH FUN! And if you ask for help...it will always be there! You can do hard things!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for you...But you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't want a girl, either. Then my first was and I gotta say...it's been awesome! I hope it's that way for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say, my little girls can be crazy drama queens and I can't imagine what the next 10 years or so will be like, but I wouldn't trade any of it for anything. They are SO wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. and if its a girl... its YOUR girl. it is so different when it is your girl, and not just.. a girl. trust me. :)

    ReplyDelete