Thursday, May 19, 2011

MMM, MMM, Good!

This was our dinner last night. I got the recipe from the Farmers Market, last year. It makes my mouth happy. And it's pretty. I love it when food is aesthetically pleasing.

Spicy Black Bean Salad
2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 cup celery, chopped
3/4 cup green onion, chopped
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Brown rice or Quinoa cooked and cooled (6 cups)

Dressing
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Combine everything but the rice or quiona in a large bowl. Whisk together ingredients for the dressing and pour over bean mixture. Add pre-cooked and cooled rice or quinoa. Serve well chilled.

This makes one big salad. The flavor just gets better the longer it sits. I know what I'll be having for lunch the next couple days.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I'll definitely be making this. Did you use rice or quinoa? I'm not the biggest quinoa fan, but will use it if better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used rice. The boys seem to like it better.

    ReplyDelete