This is so tasty. I've always loved a good broccoli salad. It's cool and perfect for summer. Make it. Like today.
Broccoli Salad
2 cups of broccoli florets
1 crisp apple, cut into smallish dice
1/3 cup (heaping) walnuts, toasted and chopped
1/3 cup dried cranberries
3 slices crisp, cooked bacon, chopped
Dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Kraft reduced fat with Olive Oil)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
salt and pepper, to taste
Blanch broccoli for about 1 minute in boiling water. Pour into colander and cool under cold running water. Drain well.Place broccoli, apple, walnuts, cranberries, and bacon in a medium sized bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, and honey to a smooth consistency. Adjust seasoning to your taste with salt and pepper. (You may also want to add more mayonnaise, honey, or vinegar, depending on how tart you like the dressing.)
Add the dressing to the broccoli/apple mixture and toss well to combine. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Note: I left out the walnuts since the boys are allergic. Also, I'm going to try Greek yogurt in place of the mayo next time.
Source: Foodgawker
No comments:
Post a Comment